This is one of the most frequent questions I get from clients. Instagram filters make us believe that the perfect skin is poreless, textureless, and always glowing.
Unfortunately, that is far from the truth. Everybody has pores on their skin and they are there for a very important reason:
- to eliminate toxins and perspire.
- to release natural oils and to prevent dry skin.
For most people pore size is genetic and it can come in many different sizes. People with very little oil production have tiny pores and more prone to dryness. On the other hand, oilier skin types have a bit larger pores and their skin is less likely to dry out and age slower.
Besides your genetics other factors can change the size of your pores over time:
- Excess oil production caused by environmental toxins and hormonal imbalances can overtime stretch out the pores;
- Collagen degeneration can cause the follicles to collapse over time and create a larger pore opening.
Do this to improve the size of your pores:
- Reduce your exposure to environmental and estrogenic toxins such as pesticides, GMO’s, Chlorine, food preservatives;
- Keep your skin hydrated internally and externally by drinking enough good quality water. Love Wholefoods Italian Still Mineral Water and using water-based hydrators like PoreInfusion HydraGel, Oxygen serum in your skincare products;
- Increase collagen regeneration internally and externally by taking supplements such as Bulletproof collagen protein, Osmosisbeauty Collagen Activator, Regenerate and adding gentle retinol like Osmosisbeauty Correct serum, PoreInfusion Multi-Peptide Anti Aging serum.