When something like a global pandemic happens, it puts into perspective just how important a healthy immune system is for each of us. Ideally, we have taken steps throughout our daily lives to encourage a healthy immune system and give our bodies the support they need.
That way, when a crisis arises or when we simply encounter something that can make us sick, we are prepared to handle it. If you’ve listened to any of the reports coming in during this virus outbreak, you may recognize that they say things like more dangerous for people who are “immuno-compromised” or have other “comorbidities”.
Let’s take a closer look at what this means, how we can support our immune systems on a daily basis and how a healthy immune system relates to great skin.
What is an immune system?
The immune system is a complex network of cells and proteins that defends the body against infection. The immune system keeps a record of every germ (microbe) it has ever defeated so it can recognize and destroy the microbe quickly if it enters the body again. It has one job: protection.
If we introduce things into the body like junk food, preservatives, recreational drugs, alcohol, or sugar – our immune system may recognize them as a threat and start the process to fight them off. When our immune system starts to fight – it alerts other systems in the body and then we see symptoms. If it’s purging toxins through the skin, we will see a breakout.
We may present with a fever to fight off a virus or infection. If there is an overload of candida, we will start to see it purge through the skin in the form of folliculitis. Just like when we sprain an ankle our body will rush blood to the site bringing fresh oxygen and what we need to heal.
Most people will want to stop the swelling but that’s our body’s response to injury. Taking a holistic approach means that we identify the cause of the disturbance and treat that. In turn, we will alleviate the symptoms – for example, cure the breakouts.
Stress and environmental factors can also affect the immune systems functioning. This is why immune function and response is so important to the health of our skin. We can make the necessary diet and lifestyle changes so that our immune system isn’t triggered and we won’t break out.
A Holistic Approach
Here at Envision Acne and Skincare Center, we take a holistic approach to getting and keeping your skin clear. Keeping the body in a healthy condition, supporting the immune system, eating clean, exercising regularly, taking supplements and vitamins, reducing our toxic load and using the proper products all play into optimal skin health.
Let’s also not forget our mental health and well being. Meditation, yoga, and engaging in hobbies that create peace and happiness are also part of the balance.
Great skin is a welcome side effect of overall health and well being. Irregularities in the skin, like acne, are usually the effect of some underlying cause. If there is illness or disease in the body, the systems of the body cannot function the way they are supposed to. This can result in all sorts of inconsistencies or imperfections in the body, including acne.
What can we do to support a healthy immune system?
1. Stop taking Immune suppressors
Be careful about immune suppressors. Steroids, acid blockers and anti inflammatory medications can all inhibit your body’s ability to fight off infection. Consider this a time to speak to your doctor about weaning off of these medications. You may deal with more symptoms but you will strengthen your immune system and your ability to fight off viruses and bacteria.
2. Don’t take antibiotics for clearing up acne. Antibiotics are one of number one prescribed medications for acne in the United States. These medications are extremely immune suppressing. Chronic use of antibiotics will damage your microbiome, create inflammation, suppress your immune system and create a lot of yeast overgrowth in the body, which can cause folliculitis. If you really know the root cause of your acne, you will understand that antibiotics are not helpful.
3. Start exercising. Exercise increases blood flow which brings oxygen to the entire body. Oxygen is necessary for the body to be able to fight off viruses and disease. When we exercise we sweat which helps the skin to expel toxins.
4. Breathing exercises. The next more important way to oxygenate is deep breathing exercises. Expansion of the lungs, reduction of condensation in the lungs is so important to fight this virus. Expansion of the diaphragm sends oxygen to small pockets and places where germs can hide. Oxygen is what your cells use to kill viral particles.
Ozone therapy and Oxygenating the skin. Hyperbaric chambers are a good consideration. Can help shrink the virus.
Supplements to support your skin health
5. Take antioxidants
Vitamin C, echinacea, elderberry extract, turmeric, and zinc are our top recommendations for immune-supporting supplements. I also have a few favorites from Osmosis that are specially formulated for immune support listed below. Do not megadose on antioxidants. Take regular doses of vitamins and supplements and they will do their job better than if you take an overexaggerated dose.
6. Immune Activator: The Osmosis Immune Activator is a unique supplement contains an ingredient called trioxylene. Trioxylene is an oxygen generating supplement. It boosts immune strength, boosts viral fighting capacity. Taken daily as a preventative you can build up your oxygenation. Everyone should be taking it but especially those who need enhanced lung function at this time. Clinical trials proved it to boost white blood cell count and reduce mortality in AIDs patients. It’s a sublingual application.
7. Herbal mucus and candida cleanse: In this category my favorite product is the Osmosis Skin Clarifier. The name may be misleading but it’s a full-body mucus cleanse. It’s a ten-day cleanse to rid the body of mucus. You can take as many rounds as necessary. Viruses and bacteria like to live in the mucus layer. Dispelling the mucus from your body will be so helpful at this time. Not only does it make you feel better, but it rids the stuff that bacteria hides in. When you are acne-prone, an overgrowth of mucus in the body can cause breakouts in the upper face and cheek areas and by taking this supplement you have a much greater chance of reducing that inflammation.
8. Immune Defense Elixir is a frequency water supplement that contains edible gold and colloidal silver to help boost immune function. A frequency water that can change the frequency of your cells and creates a healthy cell function. It creates an energetic field in your body that creates a negative environment for viruses. It is an antiviral product and it has been shown to reduce symptoms in CoVid 19 patients. It’s a two-dose product where you drink two bottles of water, twelve hours apart. About 30 hours later, clients report clearing of symptoms. Currently, it is on track for clinical trials at this time for Covid-19 patients.
Our Favorite SkinCare Products For Healthy Skin
The Poreinfusion Oxygen Serum and the Oxygen Mask are my most recommended products that help bring oxygen to the skin. They help to brighten and hydrate your skin while creating a creamy, even complexion. Our favorite barrier repair serum is the Osmosis Rescue Serum. It helps to strengthen the skin barrier which makes you less susceptible to any invaders. It works great for acne, rosacea, sensitive skin and very effective to suppress the dark pigmentation caused by melasma.
Since our immune system runs throughout our bodies and is connected to nearly every transaction happening within, the best we can do to support a healthy immune system is to create the healthiest body we possibly can.
Eat plenty of fruits, vegetables, and whole grains. Exercise for at least thirty minutes a day. Get enough sleep. Keep your weight healthy. Don’t drink too much alcohol and don’t smoke. Reduce your toxic load and exposure to chemicals and preservatives. Take supplements that will strengthen and support your immune system.
Prevention is the cure when it comes to a lot of immune responses. Begin to think of your body as a whole, a group of interconnected systems that support each other.
Remember, a healthy immune system doesn’t just help protect you when illness strikes. It’s also the key to clear skin!
Article #1: The benefits of Mandelic Acid in skincare
Article #2: How to get over a cold quick – Osmosis Immune Defense Elixir
If you are ready to end your struggle with acne and start living the clear skin lifestyle reach out to us 732-410-4452 or book your appointment online. Virtual consultations are also available to get you started. We are here to help!