Have you been experiencing these symptoms with your skin?
• Redness, Inflammation
• Peeling & Flaking
• Even gentle products burn the skin
• Reactive to heat and cold
• Acne, Bacterial and Fungal Infections
These are signs of a damaged skin barrier.
If your skin barrier gets impaired or damaged water will start to evaporate from the skin and you will experience the above symptoms.
What is the Skin Barrier?
Your skin barrier is the lipid matrix found in the outermost layer of your skin. It is your first layer of defense against bacteria, free radicals, UV exposure and environmental pollutants.
This is our moisture barrier and is mainly composed of ceramides, cholesterol, and essential fatty acids. These lipids work together to prevent water loss and to protect your skin from the environment.
What damages your skin barrier?
• Over exfoliating the skin
• Harsh products containing strong acids, sulfates, colors and fragrances
• Not hydrating your skin properly
• Omega fatty acids deficiency
• UV Exposure
How to fix it?
• Simplify your skincare routine
• Take a break from Exfoliation
• Use barrier repair serums like the PoreInfusion Oxygen Serum
• Use a moisturizer with ceramides and humectants like hyaluronic acids
• Wear a gentle physical non-irritating SPF on a daily basis like PoreInfusion Clear Shield SPF50
• Supplement with Omega fatty acids in your diet
Is your current skincare routine irritating your skin instead of healing it?
Let me help you customize a gentle daily skincare routine that will help heal your skin and protect your skin barrier. Click here to book a consultation.